Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Where can I buy an elegant portrait portfolio to display my work in?

I just started photography and would like something nice to show proofs in. Any suggestions?|||Go to topflightalbums.com and look under the flora albums. It's specifically called Elite. Then you buy the mats to insert in the album. You can make your album with up to 15 pages (front and back), and the mats can be almost any size, and you can rotate them for vertical and horizontal shots. It's about $100, but I have one, and it's incredible... VERY professional. I get a lot of compliments and it even makes the pictures look even better.|||I was at Michael's recently and they had a large selection of portfolios. Some were kind of cheesy but they had one or two nice zippered ones.|||To look professional, don't go for the elegant look. Just go to your local camera store and get a basic black portfolio. The one I use cost a whopping $5.00 at the camera shop and has enough sleeves to show 50, 8x10's. That's plenty!|||If you are shooting digital pictures I would suggest an on-line print shop. Two of the best are "mpix" and "shutterfly". You can create books of various sizes, pic out page styles, borders, put in text, and others. I have used shutterfly and was pleased. I'm working on one for mpix to see which is better and easier to use. This way all you have to do is upload your pictures, organize how you want them, and have them print it out. My book was 37 pages and cost around $40 or $50 dollars. Also they run on-line deals to make it cheaper.


I hope this helps|||Since you just started more likely are trying to save some money.


Have you considered Costco Photo Books?|||http://www.albumsinc.com/products_folios鈥?/a>





great resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment