Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Starting a new business: how do i research the current market of elegant wear?

For my business coursework i need to research the current market of a clothes business. I have decided to do a 'elegant' clothing clothes stores because casual wear is overrated.





So how would i go about researching the market? Like what type of things would i need to look up/include?





I also need to put together a research plan to investigate my new market. How would i do this?





Thanks|||Believe it or not, there are two places that everybody uses for research like yours. Are you ready for this?





Walmart for the "brick and mortar" style store and


Ebay for web based stores.





These two have set the bar for their respective types of stores. I am setting up a web site and every host I've delt with have pointed to both of them to get ideas on what sells and why.|||I am a business plan writer, so I need to constantly find market and industry research. There are a lot of websites with information on them, but many you have to be a member of to access the information. You can look on SBA.gov and even the census.gov for information. I tend to use Highbeam for general research. I've attached the website as the source on the answer. Hope that helps!





-www.BranchofSuccess.com

No comments:

Post a Comment