Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What classical elegant name do you prefer?

Hello. I'm looking for a pretty elegant and sophisticated name for a baby girl. I have 4 names in mind: Elizabeth, Rachel, Miriam, and Alexandra. Which do you like more and why? Thank you.|||While the other names are very pretty I prefer Elizabeth. I've grown more and more fond of it over the years. It reminds me on Queen Elizabeth I who was a great and interesting woman. It screams self-confidence and sophistication yet is still soft and feminine. There are also a lot of nicknames you can give to an Elizabeth as she ages and her personality shows through. Eliza, Beth, Betty, Betsy, Liz, Liza, Ellie, etc...


My second favorite would be Miriam. I can't tell you why I just think it's very pretty! ;)|||Wow, congratulations on the baby. And I definitely agree. Class and elegance are hardly used in baby names anymore. It's nice to stick to tradition.





I definitely vote on either Alexandra or Elizabeth.





Elizabeth Plus....





Beautiful and old, but still used every now and then. Many nickname considerations...Liz, Lizzie, Beth, Eliza, etc.





Alexandra Plus...





Gorgeous, modern, but still has the elegant feel. Some nickname considerations...Alexa, Alexa, Dre, etc.





Good luck with your baby girl! I'm sure you'll be a fantastic mother.....|||Alexandra. It sounds nice and classy, but also fun.





Also, girls call their friends by nicknames all the time, even if you and your family won't, and Alexandra has a lot better nicknames than Elizabeth (Allie, Lexy, Alex, Alexa, and Sasha for Alexandra vs. Liz, Lizzie or Eliza).





Miriam sounds like a grandmother. Rachel is boring.|||i like all the names but Miriam. Elizabeth is actually a name im using for a middle name for a daughter. Rachel my grandma called me it even thought it isnt my name and i think its a pretty name. and Alexandra i think is pretty and is a variation of Alexander that i like.|||Isabel is the number one name right now according to SS, I believe. It's cute because you can call her Bell, Bella, or my fav Izy. As far as what you already have picked out Miriam sounds like a librarian to me. I prefer Alexandra and you can call her Alex.|||I think Alexandra is a great posh name. You just need to make sure that she is always called Alexandra and it's not shortened to Alex.





to make it more posh you could use Elizabeth Alexandra.





I like Audrey or Scarlett|||I like Miriam best because it is different without being strange. It's very feminine.





My second choice is Rachel. I don't think I've ever met a Rachel I didn't like. And it works for just about any personality type.|||I like Alexandra. (or Alexandria is pretty too.) Alexandra was the name of my first friend. Elizabeth is nice, but extremely popular and commonly known so it loses it's appeal for me quickly.|||I will order the names from my favorite to least favorite :


1. Rachel


2. Alexandra


3. Elizabeth


4. Miriam


- I like Rachel because it is my favorite name.





Hope I helped!!


Maranda Nelson|||Alexandra or Elizabeth


(but think of nicknames that the kids will give her, too- Alex, Andi, Andrea or Liz, Lizzy, Eliza, beth)|||i personally like elizatbeth better. Miriam would be out of the question..she would hate that name. rachel and alexandra are nice, but elizabeth would be my first choice.|||I LOVE Elizabeth鈾?.This name will always be classy and elegant.





Other elegant names:


Katherine/Catherine


Caroline


Eloise


Eleanor


Victoria


Lucille "Lucy"


Anna|||Elizabeth or Miriam|||I like the name Alexandra because because when she grows up she can pick whatever nickname she wants|||I like Alexandra-but I like the way Alejandra is spelled. But I love the name Angelia-pronounced An-ge-lee-ah|||Elizabeth sounds elegant its pretty and reminds me of queen Elizabeth... very nice|||Alexandra.





I also like Violet and Juliet.|||Alexandra|||elizabeth!


it's a beautiful name :)|||Elizabeth, it's a classic that doesn't get old.|||Whitney


Caroline|||elizabeth because it is so beautiful and has such a powerful name originatining in elizabethan england|||elizabeth is my midle name and it sux|||111

No comments:

Post a Comment