Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What is a elegant dinner to serve on ones 22nd wedding anniversary?

I want this to be oh so special. I'm leaving it in your hands. I know someone out here can help me decide.|||shesh kabab|||salmon in lemon butter caper sauce ...sauteed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes...easy|||Is this for a party, or for just the two of you?|||If you want elegance, then no doubt you need the cash. Start out with picking out recipes from Gordon Ramsay's cookbook series; or Jean Georges'. They're quite availabe, and some recipes are not too hard. If you asked me; I would consider starting first with some Caviar; Iranian if possible. This idea is foolproof and you have to be nuts if you don't know what caviar is. Next, I suggest pan fried foie gras; my recipe is simple; dress the foie gras with flour, salt, pepper, then sear it one minute per side, then reserve the sediments on the pan and put in some diced granny smith apples, with some brown sugar. Next, when the apples are caramalized, take away from the heat and then put in some port wine (i recommend taylor's 1692). Light a match and it should flame for a few seconds. Pour the mixture over the cooked foie gras and serve. OK NEXT, you would be well off with some nice pan fried tenderloin, with a rich reduction; the recipe should be availabe in those books or try Cordon Bleu's). For desert, the most ideal would either be a grand marnier souffl茅, or maybe a warm chocolate fondant with homemade ice cream. Finish off with petit fours (very important). OK Hope this Helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment