Friday, November 11, 2011

Where is a good classy, elegant and romantic restaurant in Toronto area?

I will be proposing to my long time boyfriend of 10 years on Valentines day and need suggestions of a really good restaurant in the GTA. I want it to be extremely classy and elegant with great food and wine and very romantic. This will be a formal night for us as well, so preferably somewhere where you must dress nice. Does anyone recommend a place?|||Normally when I answer questions about dining in Toronto, I give a few options, but there is only restaurant in Toronto that I would propose in.





Scaramouche is a restaurant on Avenue and St. Clair. It sits on a hill overlooking downtown Toronto. IMO, it is the most romantic restaurant in Toronto. So you have this amazing, uncluttered panoramic view of downtown Toronto, without the awful traffic. There is free valet parking, but I sometimes will just park myself.





The food is continental, with a French style of cooking. So pappadelle pasta, and duck confit are examples of what could be on the menu. The desserts are amazing. Honestly, the best I've had in the city. The coconut cream pie is raved about, but honestly, the lemon tart that I had last month was very satisfying.





Service is great. Ranked one of the best in the city. Very knowledgable, but they aren't snotty. I dislike snotty service. I am in my mid 20s, restaurants of this calibre mainly have patrons who are older, so perhaps that's why I encounter snotty service...but not at Scaramouche.





I've never had anything bad by Keith Froggett, the exec chef there. Everything always comes out sublime. My last date there, was a very picky eater. Yet she found the soup, to be the best soup she's very had. The tuna tartar amazing, the grilled sea bream to be the best fish she's ever had, and of course, the desserts were the best she's ever had. And in the end, she said Scaramouche was the best restaurant she's ever been to.





Honestly, Scaramouche is my "safe" restaurant. A place I can take someone special, have them treated well, and enjoy a good night. It's my "safe" restaurant, because it is consistantly good.





Take a friend where to check the restaurant out before if you want. There are actually two places occupying the space. Scaramouche (Dining Room), and Scaramouche Pasta Bar and Grill. They share the same space, service, views, and atmosphere. Just different menus. I would say, take a friend to the Pasta Bar and Grill, to get a sense of "Is this the place" and if you like it, then propose at the main dining room. The pasta bar is about $100 cheaper per meal than the dining room, that's why I recommend checking out the pasta bar first. Or...if you want, you can call them later in the evening service, and ask if you can just come for dessert. The wait staff have always encouraged me to come just for dessert, it would be a good opportunity for you to see how it is.





Menus on the dining room.


Appetizers $20


Mains $35


Desserts $10





The wine list is extensive! But I've never had any problems picking out a good bottle for $70-80, but the option to spend thousands on a bottle is there, should you choose.





The last time I went, dinner was 3 appetizers, 1 entree, 2 desserts, 2 glasses of champagne, 1 bottle on a shiraz from Australia. Tax and tip included $300. Be sure to request a table right next to the window. So romantic. Sorry, I don't mean to drag this on...but I guess I got caught up. If I were to propose to someone at a restaurant...it would be Scaramouche...hands down!|||Uranus|||McDonalds.|||yes ur house|||Hey honey. Make the choice yourself. You wil feel proud of it, truly.


Meant as a compliment..and if you propose and it all works out..not only will you win your guys heart, but you will have the added bonus of knowing you put the complete package all together, by your little lonesome. I"m getting old.......the women proposes to the guy?





wow........I guess, now that I think of it, I should turn my dianosaur in for a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment